Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baked Side Ribs

My husband and son where thrilled with this barbeque sauce recipe. My husband ask "is this one of your recipes you can never duplicate?" I told him I wrote down all the ingredients and adjustments. He said "that's defiantly a keeper". My son asked "Where did I get the ribs?"; I refrained from knocking block off and said, "From the my oven", he responded "humm, excellent, can you make them again?" There seems to be a theme here maybe I should start repeating my dinners instead of trying for something new all the time.


serves :6
Ingredients
  • 2 racks of pork side ribs
  • 1 can tomato paste (5.5 oz)
  • 1 cup water 
  • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup old fashion grainy mustard
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 4 tablespoons chili powder
Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 300°F.
  2. Cut each rack of ribs into 3 portions. Put ribs into a large roasting pan. In a bowl whisk together the tomato paste, water, brown sugar, Dijon, vinegars, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder and chili powder. Pour over the ribs, move ribs around to ensure they are coated with sauce. Cover with foil and bake until the ribs are fork tender, about 3 hours , uncover, drain off sauce into a saucepan and keep warm. Raise temp to 350°F, put the ribs back into the oven  and cook for another 1/2 hour. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with Creamy Cole Slaw and Oven Fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments